Nutrition for Bone Health Throughout the Lifespan
Webinar series that offers in-depth reviews of nutrition issues related to building and maintaining bone health throughout the lifespan.
This continuing education activity is intended for use by health professionals who participate in the care of patients at risk for or suffering from osteoporosis, in the areas of primary care, endocrinology, geriatrics, gynecology, internal medicine, obstetrics, orthopedics, osteopathy, pediatrics, physiatry, radiology, rheumatology and physical therapy.
This includes physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, technologists, researchers, public health professionals and health educators with an interest in osteoporosis and bone health.
1. Address aspects of nutrition and bone health, which will include the importance of bone-healthy foods.
2. Offers in-depth reviews of nutrition issues related to building and maintaining bone health throughout the lifespan.
Shirin Hooshmand, PhD, RD
School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences
San Diego State University
Advisor or Review Panel Member- American Bone Health Scientific advisory board member, USDA and VA review panel member
Consultant- Research Consultant for Sunsweet
Employee- San Diego State University
Grant/Research Support- USDA, California Strawberry Commission, Almond Board of California, California Prune Board
CME Program Eligibility
Method of Participation in the Learning Process: Clinician learners will view and analyze the subject matter, conduct additional informal research through related internet searches on the subject matter, and complete a post-test assessment of knowledge and skills gained as a result of the activity.
After participating in this activity, the reader has the option of taking a post-test with a passing grade of 70% or better to qualify for continuing education credit for this activity. It is estimated it will take 1.0 hour(s) to complete the reading and take the post-test. Continuing education credit will be available for two years from the date of publication.
Disclosure of Commercial Support
It is the policy of the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF) to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored publications and programs. NOF requires the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship the sponsor, Editorial Board or Guest Contributors have with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) discussed in an educational presentation. All authors and contributors to this continuing education activity have disclosed any real or apparent interest that may have directbearing on the subject matter of this program.
Please be advised that NOF’s accreditation status with ACCME and ANCC does not imply endorsement by NOF, ACCME or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity or endorsement of any point of view.
NOF offers no returns or refunds on online internet CME activities purchased through our store. All sales are final. Meeting and workshop registrations will be refunded in accordance with the cancellation policy of the meeting and/or workshop, as outlined at registration.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The National Osteoporosis Foundation is an approved Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accredited CME provider through March 2023. ACCME accreditation accelerates learning, change and improvement in the field of osteoporosis. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 ANCCThe mission of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA), is to promote excellence in nursing and health care globally through credentialing programs. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for continuing nursing education credit(s).
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Participation/AttendanceA certificate of attendance will be provided to all other attending healthcare professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants may request AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ certificate of participation. Please refer to your provider to determine whether this program will qualify for other categories of continuing education credits. The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) also accepts educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education (ACCME).