Student Group Peer Educator Training
Peer Educator Training consists of self-paced training modules and quizzes to help you understand and learn the material.
- Watch the orientation program video
- Watch the video of Healthy Bones for Life™
- Complete a short module on the basics of the American Bone Health Fracture Risk Calculator™
- Please complete your Level 1 training within 3 weeks or before the event you are volunteering for.
- If you intend to do Level 2 training, please notify email@example.com when you complete Level 1 so that we can send you the textbook for Level 2.
After you have completed your Level 1 training …
You will be able to:
- Help at health screenings and fairs
- Help at education event tables
- Help at a signature program in the community.
After viewing the video, please take the associated quiz. You will need to score at least 80% on the quiz in order to proceed to the next module.
Reminder: You have 3 weeks from your enrollment date to finish the course.
This activity is intended for use by students and alumni with an interest in osteoporosis and bone health.
2) Healthy Bones for Life
3) Fracture Risk Calculator Basics
CME Program Eligibility
Method of Participation in the Learning Process: Clinician learners will view and analyze the subject matter, conduct additional informal research through related internet searches on the subject matter, and complete a post-test assessment of knowledge and skills gained as a result of the activity.
After participating in this activity, the reader has the option of taking a post-test with a passing grade of 70% or better to qualify for continuing education credit for this activity. It is estimated it will take 1.0 hour(s) to complete the reading and take the post-test. Continuing education credit will be available for two years from the date of publication.
Disclosure of Commercial Support
It is the policy of the Bone Health and Osteoporosis Foundation (BHOF) to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored publications and programs. BHOF requires the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship the sponsor, Editorial Board or Guest Contributors have with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) discussed in an educational presentation. All authors and contributors to this continuing education activity have disclosed any real or apparent interest that may have directbearing on the subject matter of this program.
Please be advised that BHOF’s accreditation status with ACCME and ANCC does not imply endorsement by BHOF, ACCME or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity or endorsement of any point of view.
BHOF offers no returns or refunds on online internet CME activities purchased through our store. All sales are final. Meeting and workshop registrations will be refunded in accordance with the cancellation policy of the meeting and/or workshop, as outlined at registration.
- 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The National Osteoporosis Foundation is an approved Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accredited CME provider through March 2023. ACCME accreditation accelerates learning, change and improvement in the field of osteoporosis. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.00 ANCCThe mission of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA), is to promote excellence in nursing and health care globally through credentialing programs. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for continuing nursing education credit(s).
- 0.00 Participation
- 0.00 Participation/AttendanceA certificate of attendance will be provided to all other attending healthcare professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants may request AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ certificate of participation. Please refer to your provider to determine whether this program will qualify for other categories of continuing education credits. The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) also accepts educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education (ACCME).