Welcome and Orientation for Student Peer Educator Training
After viewing the video, please take the associated quiz. You will need to score at least 80% on the quiz in order to proceed to the next module.
Reminder: You have 3 weeks from your enrollment date to finish the course.
This activity is intended for use by students with an interest in osteoporosis and bone health.
This module will cover:
- Why osteoporosis is a public health crisis
- Why BHOF recruits and trains Peer Educators
- BHOF's organizational structure
- BHOF's principles and values
- Peer Educator training
- Peer Educator requirements
Name of Individual
Individual's Role(s) in Activity
Name of Ineligible Company(s)
Nature of Relationship(s)
BHOF Staff, Senior Director of Clinical Education & Research
BHOF Staff, Senior Director of Public Health & Policy
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
- 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The National Osteoporosis Foundation is an approved Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accredited CME provider through March 2023. ACCME accreditation accelerates learning, change and improvement in the field of osteoporosis. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.00 ANCCThe mission of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA), is to promote excellence in nursing and health care globally through credentialing programs. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for continuing nursing education credit(s).
- 0.00 Participation
- 0.00 Participation/AttendanceA certificate of attendance will be provided to all other attending healthcare professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants may request AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ certificate of participation. Please refer to your provider to determine whether this program will qualify for other categories of continuing education credits. The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) also accepts educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education (ACCME).