Vertebral Augmentation For Osteoporosis VCFs
Education is crucial to helping health professionals understand the impact of vertebral fractures, implement appropriate treatment and make referrals for interventional techniques when indicated.
This continuing education activity is intended for use by health professionals who participate in the care of patients at risk for or suffering from osteoporosis, in the areas of primary care, endocrinology, geriatrics, gynecology, internal, obstetrics, orthopedics, osteopathy, pediatrics, physiatry, radiology, rheumatology and physical therapy.
This includes physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, technologists, researchers, public health professionals and health educators with an interest in osteoporosis and bone health.
- Apply diagnostic and treatment recommendations for the patient with VCF in practice situations and patient counseling
- Discuss potential risks and benefits of vertebral augmentation procedures
Joshua A. Hirsch, MD, FACR, FSIR, FSNIS; Disclosures- Advisor: Relievant DMC Member, Consultant-Medtronic, Grant Support: Neiman Health Policy Institute, Other-Ceranovus DMSB Member.
Acknowledgement of Funding: Funding for this activity was provided through Medtronic.
Disclosure of Commercial Support
It is the policy of the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF) to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored publications and programs. NOF requires the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship the sponsor. All Faculty and contributors to this continuing education activity have disclosed any real or apparent interest that may have direct bearing on the subject matter of this program.
Please be advised that NOF’s accreditation status with ACCME and ANCC does not imply endorsement by NOF, ACCME or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity or endorsement of any point of view.
Statement regarding OFF Label Use
Please be advised that any NOF activity that discusses off-label use of any medications or devices will be disclosed to the participant.
NOF offers no returns or refunds on online internet CME activities purchased through our store. All sales are final. Meeting and workshop registrations will be refunded in accordance with the cancellation policy of the meeting and/or workshop, as outlined at registration.
- 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The National Osteoporosis Foundation is an approved Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accredited CME provider through March 2023. ACCME accreditation accelerates learning, change and improvement in the field of osteoporosis. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.00 ANCCThe mission of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA), is to promote excellence in nursing and health care globally through credentialing programs. The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates educational activities for continuing nursing education credit(s).
- 0.00 Participation
- 0.00 Participation/AttendanceA certificate of attendance will be provided to all other attending healthcare professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants may request AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ certificate of participation. Please refer to your provider to determine whether this program will qualify for other categories of continuing education credits. The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) also accepts educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Education (ACCME).